Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday, February 10, 2010

I was weighed in yesterday evening at Cynthia's place and I lost 1.6 pounds. Although I was very excited to have lost and not gained, I really felt like I had lost more than that, so I must admit I was a bit disappointed as I have been working my butt off at this - well not that hard considering I haven't exercised - okay, I guess I take that back. I'm feeling much better though and much lighter than I did 4weeks ago - and that is what counts. I'm still very motivated to keep eating properly but I need to bump it up a notch. I'm into my 4th week and this challenge is only for 8 weeks and I want to win that money. Oh, I can't remember if I mentioned this or not (I can't be bothered to read back), but all of the competitors put $40.00 into a pot and the person who loses the most weight and the most inches wins half the cash...aprox. $200.00 - not too bad. So, I think I'm going to have to incorporate a minimum of 3 days this week and every week thereafter to doing some form of exercise for a minimum of 20 mins. with some light weight training. I want to win that money and I can't afford to lose a pound a week and think I'm going to win. I know if I start doing some exercise, I'm gonna kick some butt. I know the weight will come off faster - been there, done that. Let's see if I keep my word this time.

I bought the chocolate Herballife shake this week - I'm really liking this shake thing. In the morning, I have 2 scoops of that chocolate powder which is loaded with vitamins and then I drop a handful of frozen blueberries and then I put 1 cup of skim milk, I add a bit of cold water and half a banana. I must tell you that this "smoothie" tastes delicious and it's fast! I looooove my magic bullet. I throw everything in it and boom - it's all mixed up in less than 30 seconds and ready to drink. I'm really liking not having to worry what to eat for breakfast in the morning and it keeps me full for about 3-4 hours - it's great! I know I will continue to buy these shakes - now I can't live without them!

I'm gonna have a difficult weekend this weekend. It's my husband's 51st birthday - wow - he's getting up there really fast - LOL. I'm going to invite my entire family over for dinner. I'm going to cook everyone some good homemade Italian food. Some raviolis, veal parmagiana and veggies and some nucciola sfoglia cake for dessert. You have to try this cake - it's to die for! What am I gonna do? I have to eat with the family (right...these are my excuses). I hope I don't do too badly as it's gonna be hard. Oh, and I forgot to mention, it's also Valentine's Weekend and my hubby is taking me out for dinner - pre-set menu which means dessert is included. Then on the Monday (Family Day), my Mom is having a party for my Dad for his 70th birthday - with more cake and more homemade Italian food. I MUST work out or I will put the weight on this week. I'm going to double up on my water too. I'll let you know how I do :-(


Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment