
This is the first time I've ever blogged anything. Wow - it's so easy.
My friend, Cynthia, sent me an email last week about some diet she was on and that she had lost over 40 pounds - I couldn't believe it. I had only seen her about 4 months ago - when I purchased my home - she acted as my real estate agent - she's awesome for anyone who's reading this. She has spunk, great personality and is very fair. If you are looking for a real estate agent, please let me know and I will pass on her information to you. I'm not marketing for her either...LOL...KK enough about Cynthia...sorry Cynthia - I love ya but you have your own blog :-)
So, as I was saying, Cynthia sent off this message to a bunch of people about this weight loss clinic that she attended. At the time of reading the email, I was actually on Jenny Craig, and before that I attempted Weight Watchers and before that I went to Dr. Bernstein. So now you know that I'm a yo-yo dieter. Yes, I have tried every diet in the book and sure they work...but can you eat that way for the rest of your life and make it a lifestyle change - maybe with weight watchers because you eat normal food, but not with Dr. Bernstein or Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem (yes I was on that too).
When Cynthia sent me the email - the one thing that caught my eye in the email was that it was $40.00 to join. I thought, is it $40.00 a week, a month or a one-time fee. I had to call her to confirm and sure enough it was indeed a one-time fee. I couldn't believe it - this was going to be the cheapest diet I have ever done - haha. Mind you, I guess it doesn't matter how much I would spend on my diets....as long as they worked and as long as I wouldn't put my weight back on....I would spend all kinds of money as long as someone could guarantee that I would lose the weight and not put it back on. I would obviously could not stick to anything either...according to my husband - and he is right (but I won't tell him) he constantly reminds me that I start eating properly and exercise and then I stop halfway through b/c I expect immediate results. I have blown so much money on Dr. Bernstein - at $160.00/week, yes the weight comes off very quickly (which is great and which is what all us women want) but I'm not too keen on the amount of calories we are allowed to have (600), and never mind the injections - damn....I had bruises all over my butt and my tummy.
I decided to email Cynthia to let you know that I was going to be there at the session being held at her place. I fired off an email to a few friends and thought I would yet try another diet - what the hell.
The bottom line is I'm not happy with myself. I used to be one of those people who could eat a bag of Doritos every day and not gain a pound. All of my friends used to tease me about it - I think they all gave me the evil eye (LOL) because now I can't eat a thing without putting a pound on. I'm sure being 43 years of age has something to do with it, as well as having hormonal problems...that's b/c I have too much weight to carry and am producing too much estrogen - I need to get the weight off to feel better as a whole.
Yesterday, January 20th, 2010, I went to my first meeting! What a great turnout. I couldn't believe there were 16 women who showed up. I was expecting a bunch of women who had like 100 pounds to lose to show up but there were others in my situation - people who had from 15 pounds to 40 pounds to lose. By the way, I forced my Aunt Mary to come along. She's another yo-yo dieter. She succeeded in losing all of her weight when she was going to Weight Watchers and became a life-time member but guess what, she put it all back on and then some - why? Because it's a lifetime change and you can't go back to eating the way you did.
My friend Lucy is going through some turbulent times and has put on more weight than she wants to. She's not feeling well and I am determined to help her. I thought that by trying to help my friend with her weight, I may be able to help myself out.
For those who know me, I always put myself last. My family always come first. My friends come second and then I'm last. Well lately, I have been definitely putting myself last and have been very unhappy with myself, my life and my overall appearance. My husband has never once said anything about my appearance and has always told me that no matter how much weight I put on, I will always look beautiful to him - HE'S A DEFINITE KEEPER! Oh and if you're wondering why I've put a picture of my husband in the top left hand corner....that's because I think he's absolutely adoreable and puts a huge smile on my face - so I want him near me through this journey.
So, I'm at this meeting and this cute little 25 year old, Irina (from Russia) is giving the spiel on how the body work and fat vs. muscle. I found her to be pretty smart. I liked the fact that they not only weighed us women, but as well that she took front and side pictures...this is good...I want to see what I look like after I lose all of my weight....and I will, this time! As a matter of fact, she's also arranging times when she can meet with all of us, one-on-one to take our measurements and as well, to let us know what our BMI (body mass index...muscle vs. fat in our body) and how much water we are retaining....I thought that was very impressive. Even when I joined Weight Watchers....there were definintely no before and after pictures and no measuring...that was up to you. Sometimes when someone is having a really hard time losing weight, you need someone to hold your hand and spoon feed you. So the pictures and the measurements for me was a definite checkmark.
I will write a blog once a week after my weigh in (Wednesday evenings) to let you know how I'm progressing. I firmly believe that writing down your daily food logs and monitoring your exercise is the key to success! Speaking of exercise, just to let you know, I have a huge treadmill, a bike, a stairmaster and an olympic gym with weights as well as a leg press which my husband bought from a gym. I have absolutely NO EXCUSE for not exercising...but I haven't been able to do it consistently. If I exercise for 3 days straight, I take a 4 month break. Things are going to change (I hope). I'm going to start slow and work my way up. I'm going to commit to doing exercise only three times this week - let's see if I can follow through with this one.
FYI - tonight will be my first time in months doing the treadmill - minimum 30 minutes.
Wish me luck!!
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment