Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, January 25, 2010

Hello there,

Well, I was only going to write a blog the next time I got weighed in (this Wednesday), but I'm a bit excited about the program that was given to me yesterday. Yesterday, I was invited to Cynthia's house, my real estate friend who is having these weekly meetings at her home, to get all of my measurements taken from Irina. Well, she took my weight again (unfortunately, I had just had my lunch and was up about 3 p0unds - nice eh?), and she advised me of how much fat and muscle I had in my body. She (well it was actually Cynthia) also took all of my measurements to keep track of inch loss. Our appt. was for 1:00pm and we left her house at 5:00pm. We weren't too excited about this...there were others that had appts. after us and we just didn't want to leave...LOL.

Irina went through the program in detail and gave us (My Aunt Mary and my friend, Lucy, were there as well) a personalized menu, depending on our RMR - resting metabolic rate. Everyone's RMR is different and what this means that when your pulse is at the resting stage, how many calories can you burn a day? Well, mine was at 1491 so that means that in order for me to maintain my weight, I needed to take in 1491 calories a day and I will maintain my weight. So, I'm going to take in 1200 calories a day and I'm going to do 30 minute power walks three times a week...I'm going to try to burn 200 calories during my workouts. You need to burn 3500 calories in order to lose 1 pound of fat. 300 calories have been decreased from my food intake x 7 days=2100 calories have been cut just from my food. If I can do a workout and burn at least 200 calories x 3 days=600 calories. 2100+600=2700 calories. I need 3500 calories in order to lose 1 pound in a week. I'm going to have to start taking more stairs and taking longer routes to get to my go train station to and from work in order to increase calories burned in a day. I would like to lose about 2 pounds a week - 8 pounds in 4 weeks...that would be amazing and very motivating...I should be happy to lose at least 1 pound a week though - at least I'm losing...it might take longer but who cares...eventually i will get there. I need to be accountable and commited - there is absolutely no excuse not to exercise!!

Well...I'll let you know what happens on Wednesday...it's only two days away - not sure what I can expect to lose. I'm only saying this because after I came home from my meeting at Cynthia's house, I had 4 slices of toast with Nutella loaded on it...now why would I do that after coming out of a "weight loss" meeting? I was pissed off at my husband and I am an emotional eater - I was pissed off at him before I went to the meeting. Then I saw his face and reminded me of what I was pissed off at him for and that was it....I ate the toast and nutella to get back at him....b/c he wants me to stick to my goals...and I never do...so I did it to piss him off meanwhile, I'm the one I'm hurting...not to mention I woke up and my rings were really tight and my face was blotchy from all of that chocolate...sigh...I'll learn sooner or later.

I've taken my first shake this morning (meal replacement) for breakfast at 7:00am...it was very yummy and believe it or not, it's 10:30 and I'm still not hungry...but I have to eat something because that's what it says on my food log...I need my snack now - just had a fat free yogurt and 7 almonds - I'm okay tummy-wise. I've also tried to cut out my coffee but I'm feeling so tired and a bit grumpy this morning - probably b/c I haven't had any caffeine intake....so I had to go and grab a medium coffee with some milk. That's the key to success - don't try to do too much in the beginning...or you won't follow through.

I work at CTV and I have a TV on my desk...right now Tyra Banks is on and there are all of these pretty young things with kiss as* bodies coming out on stage with these adorable outfits...the show today is on fashion....watching these types of shows really motivate me to want to stick to this program...there are so many things that I would like to wear but I can't.....

This is the plan, she suggests that I have at least one meal replacement shake a day but in the beginning she would like me to have two shakes. Is it because she wants my meal replacement to finish quickly and wants me to order more from her? Hmmmm...it did cross my mind, I have to say, and I don't like people robbing me of my hard-earned money. There are a lot of really good sales people out there. She's obviously in this for the money (we all work for money) and her business is doing very well. I guess she wants to make sure that I get results and she teaches me how to eat sensibly. If this does not work for people, then no one would buy her products and she would have been out of business a long time ago. I think she said the business has been around for something like 35 years - that's pretty damn good. I normally bought protein from the store on a monthly basis anyways and always had a shake a day - so it's not really a big deal for me. This container is NOT as big for sure! In any event, I don't care if it costs me 35.00 or 40.00 a month. I spend so much money on vitamins and proteins and I've even spents tons of money on dieting pills. When you get desperate, believe me, you will try anything just to lose the weight....and I've been there more than once....I lose the weight and figure I can do it on my own b/c I'm strapped for money and I can't afford to stay on it...but I can b/c I just spend the money somewhere else. I have no problem spending 60.00 for a gym membership once a month (and only going 5 times the whole month) but I have a problem spending 50.00 a month on a protein shake. I have to get my priorites in order. I have to figure out what it is I want bad enough. I want to lose my weight bad enough. I don't need a gym membership b/c I have a complete gym in my basement....it's just getting my butt downstairs to do it, which is the problem - but that will come as my weight comes off (I'm trying really hard to be optimistic here. I've been a pessimist my entire life, thanks to my parents, of course).

I'm going to say goodbye....I'm feeling tired today and my face looks like crap - not to mention it's raining out and I'm having a bad hair day...I know I'm complaining...I just feel blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment